[BioC] split.AffyBatch

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Jul 22 17:24:54 CEST 2004

Ah, how stupid of me. I got confused looking at the help for split,
which is designed to split *vectors* on a factor, hence my thinking that
you were splitting on rows rather than columns.

As an aside, given that there is already subsetting of an AffyBatch
using the '[' operator, is split.AffyBatch simply designed to allow
subsetting based e.g., on something in the phenoData slot, or is there
another rationale?

Best,

Jim

James MacDonald wrote:
> split.AffyBatch() is not designed to split AffyBatches in the manner
you
> want. Instead, it is designed to split on rows, based on a certain
> factor (e.g., it is working as designed).

I think I designed split.AffyBatch to split on columns (and
'example(split.AffyBatch)'
seems to confirm that).

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core