[BioC] short time-course design. Any suggestion?

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Tue Jul 20 20:00:37 CEST 2004

a) Are you interested in the difference in cell lines over times OR
b) are you treating the different cell lines as biological replicates

Assuming the latter, you have a oneway anova with time as a main factor
and 3 replicates at each time point.

I would suggest you try RMA and GC-RMA on the whole dataset first and
truncating your list later. The truncation at step 2 ignores more than
90% of the genes and your number of true positives will be quite low.

You can use GO tools (I think BioConductor have some packages to handle
these) on the final gene list to see if your favourite pathway is
involved.