[BioC] Papers mentioning duplicate spots

Wolfgang Huber w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Feb 10 15:03:52 MET 2004

Hi Gordon,

see also the paper below. We had duplicate spots per array, and
constructed a test statistic that adjusted for the correlations between
them.

Best wishes
  Wolfgang

Genome Res. 2001 Nov;11(11):1861-70.
Identification and classification of differentially expressed genes in
renal cell carcinoma by expression profiling on a global human
31,500-element cDNA array.
Boer JM, Huber WK, Sultmann H, Wilmer F, von Heydebreck A, Haas S, Korn
B, Gunawan B, Vente A, Fuzesi L, Vingron M, Poustka A.
Department of Molecular Genome Analysis, German Cancer Research Center,
Heidelberg, Germany.

PMID: 11691851 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
http://www.genome.org/cgi/content/full/11/11/1861

> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:02:44 +1100
> From: Gordon Smyth <smyth at wehi.edu.au>
> Subject: [BioC] Papers mentioning duplicate spots
>
> I am looking for references to published papers on microarrays which
> mention duplicate spots, i.e., replicate spots on the same array containing
> the same probe. The treatment of the duplicate spots can be very brief,
> e.g., just to say that log-ratios from duplicate spots were averaged before
> further analysis. I am particularly after papers in mainline biological
> journals. Any references would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Gordon

Wolfgang Huber
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis