[BioC] help loading libraries

Roger Vallejo rvallejo at psu.edu
Wed Feb 4 23:25:29 MET 2004

I used to use without any problems the R-1.8.1 package in a SUN Solaris
machine. Specifically, I used to call the libraries "affy", "nlme",
"cluster" with no problem. However, today I could not call the library
"cluster". Why is that? Did we have any major changes on the R program
that I am not aware?  Below I indicate the error messages that I got.

> library(affy)                           ##loads okay

> library(nlme)                         ##loads okay

> library(Biobase)                    ##loads okay

> library(cluster)                      ##these 3 library below do not
load!  Why?

Error in testRversion(descfields) : This package has not been installed
properly

 See the Note in ?library

> library(XML)

Error in testRversion(descfields) : This package has not been installed
properly

 See the Note in ?library

> library(AnnBuilder)

Error in testRversion(descfields) : This package has not been installed
properly

 See the Note in ?library

Thanks in advance for the help.

Roger

Roger L. Vallejo, Ph.D.

Assist. Professor of Genomics & Bioinformatics

The Pennsylvania State University

Department of Dairy & Animal Science

305 Henning Building

University Park, PA 16802