[BioC] reducing gene number in affybatch objects

Rafael A. Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Thu May 22 12:20:15 MEST 2003

Hinnek,

i'd like to add there is a simple way to remove genes. its not the best
way but its simple and itll do the trick:
say ab is your affybatch and hgu95acdf is your cdf before your class type:

1) library(hgu95acdf) #probably already loaded
2) takeout <- ls(hgu95acdf)[1001:12626]
3) rm(list=takeout,envir=hgu95acdf)

to get back to original hgu95acdf
detach("package:hgu95acdf");library(hgu95acdf)

AffyBatch's are not a simple as Plob's, but they make other things
more efficient.