[BioC] p-values

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed May 21 14:59:29 MEST 2003

Hi,
 I think you need to be a bit more specific (and please do not repost
 the same message). What hypothesis are you interested in? A p-value
 is basically a piece of information that is relevant to a specific
 hypothesis, since there are rather a large number of such hypotheses
 and you have not said what you want it is a bit difficult to answer
 you.

 There are many, many different options for generating tests of
 hypotheses and for doing lots of other things too.

  Robert

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 12:06:51PM +0100, Richard Hartley wrote:
> Sir/Ms
> Is there a function within a bioconductor library that allows for the
> generation of p-values or statistical significances?
> Thanks
> R Hartley
>
> 	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |