[BioC] Error loading reposTools

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes at groton.pfizer.com
Tue May 13 14:22:04 MEST 2003

Sorry, if a "liblisting.Rda" fike created by an older (broken?) reposTools
exists in the package directory syncLocalLibList() will fail with the
message:

Error in if (e1[i] != e2[i]) return(TRUE) :
 missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

Which bails out of library(reposTools), preventing the loading of libraries
depending on reposTools.   Perhaps it would be good to store a version
number in the "liblisting.Rda" file so that an obsolete one can be ignored &
a new one regenerated?

> > In addition, the devel affy package depends on affydata,
> which depends on
> > affy, resulting in a situation where install.packages2()
> can't install
> > either one or anthing depending on them.
>
> This is fixed in the latest version of reposTools (1.1.37)

I got this problem with 1.1.37, using install.packages, and had to manually
install affy and affydata to fix the problem.

-Greg

LEGAL NOTICE\ Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is... {{dropped}}