[BioC] One run and dead

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 24 17:09:32 MET 2003

> Hi!
> I am running Bioconductor on WindowsXP and can do just one job at a time.  When I've submitted another job my machine got memory problem (I have 1G of RAM though).  I am exiting Bioconductor and open it again.  Memory problem is fixed by this (is there hanging pointers somewhere?) but affy library is screwed.
> This what I have:
>
> Error in mlistMetaName(f) : No way to associate a generic function with an object of class "NULL"
> Error in library(affy) : .First.lib failed

For this sort of thing you have to tell us the versions of the various
tools you are working with: What version of R, which version of affy,
etc.  The errors above have to do with the methods package of R
which is evolving independently of affy.

> The only way I can fix it is to reinstall whole package again.

this is overkill.  you have to provide more precise diagnostic
information to solve the problem rationally.

> Is there Uninstall function for Bioconductor, which will not uninstall R?
> How to fix described problem?

no.  but you could use Rcmd REMOVE [pkgname] from a windows
DOS prompt if you had Rcmd.exe in your path.