[BioC] problems intalling bioconductor on windows NT

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 18 14:10:52 MEST 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, martino barenco wrote:
> [1] "Installation complete"
> From URL:
> http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.2/package/Win32
>         Biobase version 1.3.22

Note that it installed Biobase .... getBioC, by default will keep on
trucking if it can't get the dependencies.  To stop that behaviour, use
'force=FALSE'

> So, it seems that Biobase is not installed because genefilter can not be
> found. Indeed, when I type:

Well, Biobase was installed but genefilter was not, so ...

> Error in checkPkgDeps(pkgname) : You can not load package Biobase as
> it requires you to have package genefilter which is not currently
> installed.

Well, there is code in Biobase (not sure if we wantto keep it as such
...) that will not allow Biobase to load unless all of its dependencies
are installed.  Since genefilter was not installed, it won't load.

Now.  As to why genefilter was not installed -> I unconvered a problem w/
the Win32 genefilter, I believe that it is fixed but will keep an eye on
it in the future.  It should be fixed now.

-J