[BioC] Estimates of RMA parameters

Rafael A. Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Thu Aug 7 16:09:36 MEST 2003

it shoudlnt surprise you. the estimation method is very very ad-hoc. the
goal is to
obtain a useful transformation for background adjustment not estimate
parameters efficiently. you could get better estiamtes usng, for exaple,
an EM algorithm, but then RMA would be much much slower and bottom line
results wouldnt change much. furthermore, the
normal + exponential model can be improved. see
http://biosun01.biostat.jhsph.edu/~ririzarr/papers/gcpaper.pdf
for a model that fits beter (not perfect)

-r