[BioC] Background Measurements

Jason Skelton jps47@mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:30:50 +0000

Hi
I wasn't sure if I was emailing the appropriate person but If you could
point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Recently my group obtained R and the Bioconductor packages for
Normalisation and analysis of cDNA microarray data. (marrayNorm etc.)

having looked at most of the documentation I was wondering if it is
possible to exclude background information from marrayInput  and/or
subsequent normalisation procedures,
if so what the options would be ?
read.marrayRaw currently needs name.Gb & name.Rb ???? which is data we
would like to exclude on occasions

Apologies I'm a Biologist and new to this Bioinformatics stuff

Best regards

Jason

Jason Skelton
Drosophila Functional Genomics