[BioC] Keywords

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
31 May 2002 14:47:05 -0700

>>>>> "sandrine" == Sandrine Dudoit <sandrine@stat.berkeley.edu> writes:

    sandrine> Hi All,
    sandrine> We will be updating the Bioconductor website to allow searching and downloading
    sandrine> of packages and documents (e.g. package vignettes) based on keywords.

    sandrine> Keywords might reflect the type of biological data (e.g. cDNA array data,
    sandrine> Affy data, sequence data), the type of analysis (e.g. normalization), etc.

    sandrine> Here is an initial and unstructured list of keywords to start/continue
    sandrine> discussion. Please e-mail your suggestions regarding keywords and how to structure
    sandrine> the list.

    sandrine> Best,
    sandrine> Sandrine

    sandrine> cDNA arrays
    sandrine> oligonucleotide arrays/Affymetrix
for completeness:
radioactive filters (i.e. research genetics membrane arrays).

Has anyone worked with output from an Agilent system?

    sandrine> datasets

    sandrine> novice/basics
    sandrine> infrastructure/base
    sandrine> data management
    sandrine> input & output
    sandrine> preprocessing/normalization
    sandrine> graphics/plotting

replace with visualization?

    sandrine> annotation
    sandrine> differential gene expression/gene screening/gene filtering
    sandrine> clustering
    sandrine> classification
    sandrine> resampling

"inference", i.e. Mark vdL's work, if it ever gets integrated (not
simple to fix up a good elicitation UI, but...).

"bayesian"  (and empirical bayes, which isn't, for some of the
normalization methods?)

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu