[BioC] defect in multtest.pdf

Jeff Gentry jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:24:12 -0400 (EDT)

>From an earlier message by Dick Beyer:
> > I get an error from Abode 5.0 when I try to open multtest.pdf:
> > "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and
> > could not be repaired."

Try the 'developmental' version.

I believe I've located the error, in that certain showstopper bugs were
fixed in the Vignette RWeave code - but the changes were never pushed into
our "Release w/ bug fixes" branch as it probably should.

This is only true with the Source version, however.

The Win32 devel packages are currently being built outside of our direct
control, and I just verified that for some reaosn they do *not* contain
the 'good' version of this file.  We should be switching over to building
the Win32 packages here in the next week or so, at which point this
problem will be rectified.

So for now, this is the status:
- I'm going to be pushing the 'good' version of the multtest.Rnw file into
the release branch.

- This *will* propogate to the Source package

- For a short time period, this error will persist in all versions of the
Win32 side of things (devel & release).

Thanks for your patience ...
-J